I just realised that my blog has SEVEN followers and TWELVE subscribers on Google Reader (probably the same people but it still represents a massive jump in reader numbers from zero digits to double digits) and they're not even all people I know (hello, strangers!) and now I'm feeling pressure to actually make my haiku good and entertaining and whatnot.
Anyway, back in April I semi-participated in a "Paying It Forward" activity - "semi" in that I received something but never paid it forward because there was no one to pay. This is terribly inarticulate so I will re-post the instructions here:
The first three people to leave a comment on this post will be receiving a small gift. Here are the restrictions:
1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make. Whatcha get is whatcha get.
2. What I create will be just for you, with love.
3. It’ll be done this year (2009).
4. I will not give you any clue what it’s going to be. It will be something made in the real world and not something cyber. It may be weird or beautiful. Or it may be monstrous and annoying. Heck, I might bake something for you and mail it to you. Who knows? Not you, that’s for sure!
5. I reserve the right to do something strange.
6. In return, all you need to do is post this text on your blog and make 3 things for the first 3 to respond to your blog post.
7. Send your mailing address - after I contact you. (Be sure to leave a working email!)
I did not write the conditions. It is supposed to be something I make myself but since that is likely to be crap (not literally - I am not sending human excrement to people) I will also send something I did not make myself. I really, really hope I receive three comments!